BROOKLYN NAVY YARD BUILDING 127

In 1801 the Brooklyn Navy Yard was just that, a Navy Yard. However, in 1970 the land was sold to the City of New York and converted to an industrial park but retained its popular name. Building 127 upgrades include the construction and installation of a new 13.8 KV substation on the second floor of the building. The project includes the provisioning and installation of two medium voltage transformers (750/1000 kVA) and the associated switchgear. To accommodate the new substation structural steel and concrete work were performed to reinforce the second floor to support the 5 ton transformers and architectural work to house all of the new equipment.

  • Contract Value: $4.5M

  • Completion Date: Ongoing

  • Location: Brooklyn, NY

  • Scope of Work:

    • Construction and installation of a new 13.8 KV substation on the second floor

    • Installation of two medium voltage transformers (750/1000 kVA) and the associated switchgear

    • Structural steel and concrete work to reinforce the second floor

    • Architectural work to house all of the new equipment